Operation Christmas Child
2019 Collection Day
Operation Christmas Child is happening November 3rd – November 17th. Bring your filled boxes (and $9 for shipping) to the Lobby on November 17th as we bless children around the world.
Every Christmas season, people across the US put little treasures, candies, stuffed animals etc. in shoe boxes to be shipped overseas to children who may not have ever received a present before. Most importantly, they hear the gospel, and in many cases they accept the Lord. You can pack as many boxes as you feel lead to do. The dollar store is a wonderful place to get a lot for your money. Once you’ve followed the instructions given below on packing your shoe box, you can bring it to the Broadway Christian Church office or bring it with you to one of our church services and drop it off at the OCC table in the lobby during collection time.
How to Pack a Shoebox:
- 1. Shoebox – Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
- 2. Boy or Girl – Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
- 3. Fill with Gifts – Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions).
- 4. Include $7 and Shipping Label – A donation of $7 per box is critical to transport your gift and deliver it into the hands of a child in need.
- 5. PRAY – Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6. Drop Off – Place a rubber band around each shoebox and bring it to the church lobby or the church office October 22nd-November 5th.
TOYS! Start with a central item that a child will cherish, like a beautiful doll, a deflated soccer ball with pump, or a plush stuffed animal. Then add quality items like cars, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes, etc.
School Supplies such as pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks, coloring books, etc. Hygiene Items such as toothbrushes, bar soap, washcloths, combs, etc.
ACCESSORIES such as socks, hats, t-shirts, flip-flops, hair bands, sunglasses, etc.
A Personal Note and photo of you and your family/group. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
Younger Children: Blankets, sticker and picture books, blocks, finger puppets, pages of colorful stickers.
Older Children: Small tools, tape measures, sewing kits, fabric squares, etc; deflated balls with pumps and needles; solar calculators, rulers, scissors; jewelry; deodorant.