Our buildings and facilities exist to reach people for Christ. Therefore, no events or classes will be hosted on our campus that does not comply with our beliefs and Mission of Faith Statement. The following information is designed to help maintain a clean functioning facility.
For all users:
• To schedule a meeting or event please call the Facilities Director at the Church office.
• You must fill out a Building Usage Form and liability waiver (available on our website at: bccmesa.com). Please submit both forms at least 8 weeks prior to events that will be publicized by the BCC Communications Team (in alignment with the Communication Policy). Events are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Content and focus must be approved through the Church office.
• Rooms come “As Is”, you will be responsible for class or event clean ups. Please contact the Church Facilities Director to make arrangements for set-up
Please print and complete the Church Schematic for set ups for events or classes.
• If you are making a request to use the Church campus at night, you must receive training on opening and closing procedures, as there are no Facilities Team Members on campus most nights. Please contact the Facilities Director to schedule training.
• Volunteer clean up Teams are suggested and may be required for some events/classes.
Use of Church Facilities
• For all activities that require special set up you will need to fill out a Schematic. Please submit your completed schematic at least eight weeks prior to your event. Filling this out will help our Facilities Team Members set up your room on time and with the right configuration. It does not, however, guarantee your set-up! If you are concerned about your set-up and/ open-up, especially for large functions. We recommend you contact the Facilities Director at the Church office. For wedding set-ups please contact the Facilities Director at the Church office. For paid events you may confirm directly with the Facilities Director at the Church office.
• Most areas of both buildings are available to everyone. To use our Nursery/Children’s department, please contact the Children’s Pastor. Children must be supervised by a background checked and children’s ministry orientated individual or by their own parents only.
• Fees are charged for all gatherings not directly related to a BCC ministry. Fees vary by activity; please contact the Church Facilities Director for more details.
• Sanctuary/FLC use must be approved through the Facilities Director and/or a Pastor, and the A/V Tech Advisor. Ministries using the Sanctuary/FLC and collecting a “Free Will Offering” will need to be approved on a case by case review. Ticket sales are permitted, however, the Leader is solely responsible for the sale and collection of ticket sales.
• Wedding must be scheduled and approved through the Facilities Director and/or a Pastor, and the A/V Tech Advisor. This includes the music, videos, and officiant if not from BCC to be used during the ceremony. The fee schedule is available by contacting the Church Facilities Director.
• Funerals must be scheduled and approved through the Facilities Director or a Pastor, and the A/V Tech Advisor. This includes the music, videos, and officiant, if not from BCC, to be used during the ceremony. There is no fee for using the building but we ask for an honorarium for the Pastor, and small donation to the Facilities Team Members, and Tech personnel.
Facility Use Requirements
Alcoholic Beverages, Drugs
Consumption, use or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not permitted on the premises.
Broadway Christian Church is a smoke-free facility and grounds. Please smoke in the designated area next to the dumpsters only.
Food and Drink
Food and drink are allowed everywhere. Drinks must have a lid if going into the Sanctuary.
All decorations must be approved by the Facilities Director and Communication Team before hanging them up.
FLC Furniture, Kitchen Equipment
You must have a Food Handler’s card to prepare and/or serve food from our commercial kitchen. You may use all kitchen equipment and furniture as needed. Please make sure all items used are cleaned and put away. Label and date all items you put in the refrigerator. Empty trash cans that contain foods products before you leave the building. If you use the Commercial Appliance you must be trained on how to operate and clean before use. No outside appliances or utensils are permitted. Please contact the Facilities Director if you are in need of supplies for the FLC kitchen. For paid events an additional charge may apply.
Use of audio and visual equipment must be scheduled through our A/V Tech Advisor, and Facilities Director. Please do not attempt to use microphones, CD players or video equipment without permission.
Every event/class leader is responsible for the basic clean-up of all areas used for the event. Vacuum major messes, clean all kitchen surfaces, if you used the kitchen, wipe down tables & chairs, pick up trash off the floor, mop/sweep up bigger messes, and make sure all toilets are flushed.
Please report any damage or problem with the facility to the Facilities Director at the Church office.
The church is not responsible for theft of personal items on church property.
Please let us know if there are any changes to your event as soon as possible. Our hope is to partner with you and help make your event be a success. This requires an accurate church calendar and good general information about your event. Please call us if you need anything or have any questions or concerns.
BCC Office – 480-981-0802
Facilities Director – Ext: 324